Powerful Machines controlled by Humans!
Kids design the prototype, build and control their own wacky, powerful, amazing machines with motors, sensors, arms, wheels, pulleys and levers. Lego Mindstorms EV3 makes building, programming and commanding your own Lego robots smarter, faster, and more fun than ever. Code it out and you’re driving a robot that rolls, shoots, slithers, walks, slams, and spins. Navigate through your opponents maze and capture the flag by your stealth programming skills!
Of course, there will be a robot battle! In the hexagon. Can you crush it? There’s some physics, force, mass and power involved in that answer!
No doubt about it. This camp rocks. And rolls!
- Each KidsTech camp starts on the first Saturday of the month*
- Core instruction = 8 hours. Kids meet on 4 Saturdays 10:00 PM – 12:00 PM
- FlexTech instruction = 12 hours. Students choose 4 FlexTech sessions offered on Mondays or Wednesdays or Fridays 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- All materials, computers, robotics are provided in camps.
- Kids may bring their own computers clearly marked with names. Items brought to GenTech are at the risk and responsibility of the owners.
- Snacks are provided. Kids may also bring their own snacks
(Please do not bring soda, peanuts or candy)
- Mark names on water bottles and lunch bags please.
- Instructors are qualified technology proficient GenTechs, Computer Science College Majors, Information Technology mentors, Engineers or Arizona Certified Technology Teachers.
- GenTech teaches to the Arizona Computer Science standards:
ADE Computer Science
- GenTech is a member of International Society Technology Education:
ISTE for students
- GenTech holds membership in ASEE: American Society of Engineering Education, CTE: Career & Technical Education, and sponsorship in CodeDay, The Arizona Computer Science Initiative, Arizona SciFest, and STEAM Education.